BTC offers you a wide range of the water-soluble B-vitamins. To secure an adequate vitamin B1-level in humans, it is often added to different types of food products. Our technical expertise might help you by developing your end-product.
In its active form, vitamin B1 is a vital coenzyme for energy production. It helps the body’s cells to metabolize carbohydrates and to produce energy. Furthermore, it plays a role in muscle contraction and conduction of nerve signals and is an essential nutrient for neural functions.
- Thiamine Hydrochloride and Thiamine Mononitrate (food and pharma grades)
- available in powder form
- long shelf life for at least 42 months
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
In food vitamin B1 can be used for fortification of various food products (e.g. flour, bread, breakfast cereals), dietetic products and baby food. Due to its powder form and its solubility in water it can also be added to beverages.
Further specialty chemicals for food fortification
- Vitamin A (Retinol)
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone)
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide)
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate)
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid)
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
- Antioxidants / Natural mixed tocopherols
- Mixed carotenoids from algae source
- Plant sterols
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry.
Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.