BTC offers you several forms of high quality vitamin D grades tailored to your specific needs for your dietary supplement. The most important vitamin D compounds in the human organism are vitamin D3 and vitamin D2. Both demonstrate approximately the same activity in the human body. We can support you to find the best grade, which reaches your expectations.
Vitamin D is also known as the anti-rickets vitamin. In addition to the hormones calcitonin and parathyroid hormone, it is required for the calcium homeostasis regulation as well as the phosphate metabolism. Its active form is the Vitamin D hormone calcitriol. Calcitriol also leads to incorporation of calcium and phosphorus in the skeleton, thus maintaining the mineral content of the bones. Therefore it plays an important role in the prevention of osteoporosis.
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) available as powder or oily forms
- excellent quality, outstanding flowability and outstanding stability
- very temperature stable powder
- long shelf life even at 25°C
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
For the application in dietary supplements special grades are available, which are e.g. suitable for soft gelatin capsules, hard shell capsules, oily solutions, drops, ointments, and creams as well as for multivitamin/mineral tablets.
Besides dietary supplements vitamin D is also used for food fortification.
Further specialty chemicals for dietary supplements
- Vitamin A (Retinol)
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone)
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide)
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate)
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid)
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
- Antioxidants / Natural mixed tocopherols
- Mixed carotenoids from algae source
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA)
- Plant sterols
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry. Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.