BTC Europe offers a wide range of different Vitamins. Vitamin B5 is produced by BASF with a lot of experience and expertise. Our BTC expert team will help you to find the best solution for your end-product.
Pantothenic acid is an essential component of coenzyme A as well as certain peptide coenzymes, in the form of which it is involved in various key reactions of the amino acid, fat and carbohydrate metabolisms.
Pantothenic acid plays an important role for the growth and normal function of body tissue. It protects the mucous membranes from infection and optimizes metabolic processes of the skin and epithelial tissue. It is also involved in regenerative processes of the skin such as wound healing and epithelisation as well as in stimulating hair growth and pigmentation.
Due to the wide occurrence of pantothenic acid, deficiency symptoms in humans are extremely rare. Vitamin B5 deficiency is usually accompanied by a deficiency of other B-complex vitamins.
Properties of vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate)
- Calcium D-Pantothenate
- powder form
- excellent flowability and superior dissolution properties
- hygroscopic and suitable for direct compression
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
Applications of vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate)
Calcium D-Pantothenate is used for dietary supplement applications in solid dosage forms (tablets, sugar-coated tablets, effervescent tablets, film-coated tablets, chewable tablets, capsules).
Further products for dietary supplements
Explore also our
- Vitamin A (Retinol) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) > for dietary supplements
- Antioxidants / Natural mixed tocopherols > for food and dietary supplements
- Beta-Carotene > for dietary supplements
- Mixed carotenoids from algae source > for dietary supplements
- Lycopene > for dietary supplements
- Lutein > for dietary supplements
- Omega-3 fatty acids > for dietary supplements
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) > for dietary supplements
- Plant sterols > for dietary supplements
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry.
Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.