To have a complement portfolio of different vitamins, BTC offers you a wide range of the water-soluble B-vitamins. Pyridoxine is for example often used in a B-vitamin-complex with other B-vitamins.
Vitamin B6 includes pyridoxine, pyridoxamine, pyridoxal as well as their phosphates. In the form of the coenzymes pyridoxal-5-phosphate (PLP) and pyridoxamine phosphate (PMP), vitamin B6 plays a key role in the amino acid metabolism. As a coenzyme for the synthesis of biogenic amines it is required for the central nervous system (CNS). In addition, vitamin B6 plays an important role in carbohydrate metabolism, specifically for the release of glucose from glycogen.
Isolated vitamin B6 deficiency is rarely found in humans, because the supply of other B-complex vitamins is frequently inadequate as well. Typical symptoms include pellagra-like dermatitis, inflammations in the mouth and on the lips and nervous disorders.
Properties of vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (food and pharma grade)
- available in powder form
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
Applications of vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
Pyridoxine Hydrochloride is used in dietary supplements for single- and multivitamin or B-complex preparations. Vitamin B6 is also a frequent ingredient for Sports Nutrition
Further products for dietary supplements
Explore also our
- Vitamin A (Retinol) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) > for dietary supplements
- Antioxidants / Natural mixed tocopherols > for food and dietary supplements
- Beta-Carotene > for dietary supplements
- Mixed carotenoids from algae source > for dietary supplements
- Lycopene > for dietary supplements
- Lutein > for dietary supplements
- Omega-3 fatty acids > for dietary supplements
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) > for dietary supplements
- Plant sterols > for dietary supplements
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry.
Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.