To have a complement portfolio of different vitamins, BTC offers you a wide range of the water-soluble B-vitamins. Folic acid is the synthetic form of natural food folates. It is often used in prenatal supplements and vitamin B-complexes.
Natural food folates and the synthetic folic acid are water-soluble B-vitamins which are generally termed as folate, folacin or vitamin B9.
Folate in general plays an important role in the synthesis of RNA and DNA and metabolizes amino acids which are required for cell division. Especially pregnant women should take care of consuming enough folates and supplement with folic acid. This helps prevent the foetus from developing major congenital deformities of the brain or spine, including neural tube defects, such as spina bifida and anencephaly.
Properties of vitamin B9 (Folic acid)
- available as crystalline powder
- Yellow-orange colour, odourless and tasteless
- Very slightly soluble in water
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
Applications of vitamin B9 (Folic acid)
Folic acid can be used in almost all dosage forms (mono-preparations, B-complex as well as multivitamin formulae in the form of capsules, tablets, sugar-coated tablets, effervescent tablets, granules, syrups, solutions etc.). Folic acid is an important ingredient for prenatal vitamins.
Further products for dietary supplements
Explore also our
- Vitamin A (Retinol) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) > for dietary supplements
- Antioxidants / Natural mixed tocopherols > for food and dietary supplements
- Beta-Carotene > for dietary supplements
- Mixed carotenoids from algae source > for dietary supplements
- Lycopene > for dietary supplements
- Lutein > for dietary supplements
- Omega-3 fatty acids > for dietary supplements
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) > for dietary supplements
- Plant sterols > for dietary supplements
Latest Expertise Plus Information to this application
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry.
Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.