BTC offers you a wide range and different forms of vitamin E for various dietary supplement applications. In addition to being used as an active ingredient, it can also be used as an antioxidant. With our technical expertise we can support you to find the right grade for your application.
Vitamin E was originally discovered as an essential micronutrient involved in reproduction and is now widely recognized as a major lipophilic antioxidant in virtually all cells of the human body. In combination with vitamin C and antioxidant enzymes such as glutathione peroxidase, vitamin E forms an integral part of the so-called antioxidant network. Antioxidants have the ability to counteract many types of oxidative stress resulting from exercise, exposure to the environment (ultraviolet light, cigarette smoke, pollutants, and chemicals), as well as metabolic processes like ageing. In addition, vitamin E has non-antioxidant effects in cell signalling and gene expression. It is positively influencing human health and disease prevention in general.
Vitamin E plays an important role as an antioxidant for the protection of lipids and vitamin A.
Overt clinical deficiency is very rare. The primary clinical deficiency symptom is peripheral neuropathy caused by the degeneration of sensory nerves.
Properties of vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- available as tocopherols and acetates
- powder and oily forms
- nature identical or natural grades (various grades)
- excellent quality and outstanding flowability
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
Applications of vitamin E (Tocopherol)
In dietary supplements cosmetic products, Vitamin E is used to moisturize the upper scaly layer of the skin. Due to its anti-inflammatory action when applied externally and its ability to bind free radicals and therefore to counter photoaging of the skin, it is frequently added to sun care products.
In dietary supplements Vitamin E is used as an antioxidant in preparations containing fat (ointments, creams and oils). Some grades are more suitable for the direct compression of chewable tablets, sugar- and film-coated tablets, as well as hard gelatine capsules. DL-alpha-Tocopherol (E 307) can be used as an antioxidant in dietary supplements.
Besides dietary supplements vitamin E is also used for food fortification.
Further products for dietary supplements
Explore also our
- Vitamin A (Retinol) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide) > for dietary supplement
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) > for dietary supplements
- Antioxidants / Natural mixed tocopherols > for food and dietary supplements
- Beta-Carotene > for dietary supplements
- Mixed carotenoids from algae source > for dietary supplements
- Lycopene > for dietary supplements
- Lutein > for dietary supplements
- Omega-3 fatty acids > for dietary supplements
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) > for dietary supplements
- Plant sterols > for dietary supplements
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry.
Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.