BTC offers you a wide range of the water-soluble B-vitamins. To secure an adequate vitamin B1-level in humans, it is often added to different types of food products. Our technical expertise might help you by developing your end-product.
In its active form, vitamin B1 is a vital coenzyme for energy production. It helps the body’s cells to metabolize carbohydrates and to produce energy. Furthermore, it plays a role in muscle contraction and conduction of nerve signals and is an essential nutrient for neural functions.
Based on its two main biochemical functions, a lack of thiamine can manifest itself in cardiovascular and neurological disorders. The nervous system is particularly sensitive to thiamine deficiency, because of its dependence on oxidative metabolism.
Properties of vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
- Thiamine Hydrochloride and Thiamine Mononitrate (food and pharma grades)
- available in powder form
- long shelf life for at least 42 months
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
Applications of vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
In food vitamin B1 can be used for fortification of various food products (e.g. flour, bread, breakfast cereals), dietetic products and baby food. Due to its powder form and its solubility in water it can also be added to beverages.
Further products for food fortification
Explore also our
- Vitamin A (Retinol) > for food fortification
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) > for food fortification
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol) > for food fortification
- Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) > for food fortification
- Antioxidants / Natural mixed tocopherols > for food and dietary supplements
- Apocarotenal > for food fortification
- Beta-Carotene > for food fortification
- Mixed carotenoids from algae source > for food fortification
- Lutein > for food fortification
- Lycopene > for food fortification
- Omega-3 fatty acids > for food fortification
- Plant sterols > for food fortification
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry.
Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.