BTC offers a wide range of different Vitamins. To secure an adequate vitamin B5-level in humans, it is often added to different types of food products. Our technical expertise might help you develop your end-product
Pantothenic acid is an essential component of coenzyme A as well as certain peptide coenzymes, in the form of which it is involved in various key reactions of the amino acid, fat and carbohydrate metabolisms.
Pantothenic acid plays an important role for the growth and normal function of body tissue. It protects the mucous membranes from infection and optimizes metabolic processes of the skin and epithelial tissue. It is also involved in regenerative processes of the skin such as wound healing and epithelisation as well as in stimulating hair growth and pigmentation.
Due to the wide occurrence of pantothenic acid, deficiency symptoms in humans are extremely rare. Vitamin B5 deficiency is usually accompanied by a deficiency of other B-complex vitamins.
Properties of vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate)
- Calcium D-Pantothenate
- powder form
- excellent flowability and superior dissolution properties
- hygroscopic and suitable for direct compression
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
Applications of vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate)
Vitamin B5 is used in a number of food products, e.g. for babies and small children, for athletes, low calorie foods, vitamin fortifies juices etc.
It is also used in beverages, such as fruit, vegetable and multivitamin juices as well as in energy drinks, isotonic beverages, instant drink powders, milk and dairy products.
Further products for food fortification
Explore also our
- Vitamin A (Retinol) > for food fortification
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) > for food fortification
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol) > for food fortification
- Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) > for food fortification
- Antioxidants / Natural mixed tocopherols > for food and dietary supplements
- Apocarotenal > for food fortification
- Beta-Carotene > for food fortification
- Mixed carotenoids from algae source > for food fortification
- Lutein > for food fortification
- Lycopene > for food fortification
- Omega-3 fatty acids > for food fortification
- Plant sterols > for food fortification
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry.
Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.