BTC offers a wide range of different vitamins. To secure an adequate Pyridoxine-level in humans, it is often added to different types of food products. Our technical expertise might help you develop your end-product
Vitamin B6 includes pyridoxine, pyridoxamine, pyridoxal as well as their phosphates. In the form of the coenzymes pyridoxal-5-phosphate (PLP) and pyridoxamine phosphate (PMP), vitamin B6 plays a key role in the amino acid metabolism. As a coenzyme for the synthesis of biogenic amines it is required for the central nervous system (CNS). In addition, vitamin B6 plays an important role in carbohydrate metabolism, specifically for the release of glucose from glycogen.
Isolated vitamin B6 deficiency is rarely found in humans, because the supply of other B-complex vitamins is frequently inadequate as well. Typical symptoms include pellagra-like dermatitis, inflammations in the mouth and on the lips and nervous disorders.
Properties of vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (food and pharma grade)
- available in powder form
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
Applications of vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
Pyridoxine is used in a number of food products, e.g. for babies and small children, for athletes (sports nutrition), low calorie foods, vitamin fortified juices etc.
It can also be used in beverages, such as fruit, vegetable and multivitamin juices as well as in energy drinks, isotonic beverages, instant drink powders, milk and dairy products.
Further products for food fortification
Explore also our
- Vitamin A (Retinol) > for food fortification
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) > for food fortification
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol) > for food fortification
- Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) > for food fortification
- Antioxidants / Natural mixed tocopherols > for food and dietary supplements
- Apocarotenal > for food fortification
- Beta-Carotene > for food fortification
- Mixed carotenoids from algae source > for food fortification
- Lutein > for food fortification
- Lycopene > for food fortification
- Omega-3 fatty acids > for food fortification
- Plant sterols > for food fortification
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry.
Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.