Green vegetables as well as meat, milk, and dairy products are important sources of approximately equal proportions of vitamin K1 and vitamin K2. Because of its hardly sensitivity to oxygen and heat, losses during processing or preparation are negligible. BTC offers you high class quality of vitamin K1 for food fortification.
Vitamin K is vital for the development of bones and teeth. Furthermore, it plays a crucial role in blood clotting as it activates blood clotting factors. Vitamin K is essential for the synthesis of osteocalcin, which helps to incorporate calcium phosphate into the bones.
Vitamin K hypovitaminosis is characterized by haemorrhage and is caused by chronic diseases of the liver and severely impaired fat absorption.
Properties of vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone)
- available in 1% and 5% concentration
- powder form
- world class stability, flowability and dispersibility properties
- fits with a vegan diet
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
Applications of vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone)
Vitamin K1 may also be added to food products for babies and children, dietetic products, instant-drink powders, dried milk and vitamin mixtures for the food and ingredients industry. Dry vitamin K1 can also be used in multivitamin fruit juices and confectionary.
Further products for food fortification
Explore also our
- Vitamin A (Retinol) > for food fortification
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) > for food fortification
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) > for food fortification
- Antioxidants / Natural mixed tocopherols > for food and dietary supplements
- Apocarotenal > for food fortification
- Beta-Carotene > for food fortification
- Mixed carotenoids from algae source > for food fortification
- Lutein > for food fortification
- Lycopene > for food fortification
- Omega-3 fatty acids > for food fortification
- Plant sterols > for food fortification
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry.
Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.