BTC offers you a wide range of different mixed carotenoids, which are sourced from the algae “Dunaliella salina”. Carotenoids are naturally produced by plants and algae and mainly occur in yellow and orange fruits, as well as in yellow, orange and green vegetables. In general, they absorb light and use the energy for the photosynthesis. In the human body, Furthermore, carotenoids function as provitamin A and as an antioxidant. In humans They help to protect the body against the most common non-communicable diseases such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes and cancer.
Properties of our mixed carotenoids
BTC’s natural ß-Carotene from algae source
- available as powder and oily grades
- different concentrations
- brilliant yellow hue
- shelf life up to 60 months (depending on the respective grade)
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
Applications of our mixed carotenoids
Regarding dietary supplements it is intended for use as a source of provitamin A. It may be formulated in single entity or in multivitamin tablets using direct compression. As a source of mixed carotenes, it can be used in single entity and multivitamin soft gelatin capsules.
Further products for dietary supplements
Explore also our
- Vitamin A (Retinol) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) > for dietary supplements
- Antioxidants / Natural mixed tocopherols > for food and dietary supplements
- Beta-Carotene > for dietary supplements
- Lycopene > for dietary supplements
- Lutein > for dietary supplements
- Omega-3 fatty acids > for dietary supplements
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) > for dietary supplements
- Plant sterols > for dietary supplements
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry.
Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.