Lycopene is also a carotenoid, which is an antioxidant and helps to protect against oxidative stress, weight gain, diabetes, atherosclerosis and free radical growth. Naturally it is especially found in red tomatoes. Our Lycopene molecules are identical to natural Lycopene and is a perfect alternative. Also, the bioavailability is the same for booth molecules. In the food industry it is mostly used for food colouring (E 160d).
Properties of Lycopene
- available in powder form as well as oily dispersion
- good stability against heat, light, and oxygen exposure
- bright and vivid red hue
- allergen-free, vegetarian, vegan, cold-water dispersible and direct compressible grades available
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
Applications of Lycopene
Lycopene products are foreseen to give a special colouring (E 160d) to food products in dark red shades. The dispersion is suitable for products based on oil or fat.
The cold-water-dispersible grade is recommended for applications in the beverage industry including juices, nectars and syrups, sports beverages, energy drinks, and soft drinks, as well as emulsions or water based applications like confectionary (including baked goods, biscuits and cookies and cake) or dairy products.
Further products for food fortification
Explore also our
- Vitamin A (Retinol) > for food fortification
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) > for food fortification
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol) > for food fortification
- Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) > for food fortification
- Antioxidants / Natural mixed tocopherols > for food and dietary supplements
- Apocarotenal > for food fortification
- Beta-Carotene > for food fortification
- Mixed carotenoids from algae source > for food fortification
- Lutein > for food fortification
- Omega-3 fatty acids > for food fortification
- Plant sterols > for food fortification
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry.
Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.