Carotenoids are plant pigments with a colour spectrum of yellow to orange and red. Mainly, they appear in the chromoplasts of the plants. BTC offers you a wide range of different mixed carotenoids, which are sourced from the algae “Dunaliella salina”. In the human body, they have two independent effects: source of vitamin A and as an antioxidant. For that reason, they are important e.g. for the immune system, the eyes, bone growth, skin and lung tissues and support the protection against oxidative stress. Our BTC expert team will help you to find the best solution for your end-product.
Properties of our mixed carotenoids
BTC’s natural ß-Carotene from algae source
- available as powder and oily grades
- different concentrations
- brilliant yellow hue
- shelf life up to 60 months (depending on the respective grade)
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
Applications of our mixed carotenoids
Dependent on the different grades and forms of BTC’s natural ß-Carotene from algae source the product can be applied in water-based foods, including dry mix foods, confectionary, baked goods, dairy products and sauces. In his function as a food colorant (E 160a) it can be used in margarine, butter, edible oils, dry food products like soup powders, pasta and baked goods. Furthermore, it might be used in confectionery, ice cream, custard, dairy products and lemonades.
Further products for food fortification
Explore also our
- Vitamin A (Retinol) > for food fortification
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) > for food fortification
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol) > for food fortification
- Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) > for food fortification
- Antioxidants / Natural mixed tocopherols > for food and dietary supplements
- Apocarotenal > for food fortification
- Beta-Carotene > for food fortification
- Lutein > for food fortification
- Lycopene > for food fortification
- Omega-3 fatty acids > for food fortification
- Plant sterols > for food fortification
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry.
Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.