- Vitamin A is a protective substance for the entire ectoderm and important for the development, the protection and the regeneration of skin and mucosa.
- Vitamin A has a special function in the visual process.
- Vitamin A is additionally of great importance for growth, skeletal development and fertility of animals.
- Vitamin A contributes substantially to the functionality of cell membranes and various enzymes.
Vitamin A powder for animal feed production
Lutavit® A 1000 NXT guarantees homogeneous mixing in all types of feed. The flowability and mixing behavior of this vitamin A powder are outstanding.
Lutavit® A 1000 NXT is suitable for all types of vitamin blends, premixes, mineral, and mixed feeds.
Vitamin A and D3 powder for animal feed production
Lutavit® A/D3 1000/200 NXT has excellent properties for processing and homogeneous dispersion in mixed and mineral feeds, premixes, and similar applications. This vitamin A/D3 powder is suitable as a supplement for all types of feed.
From the nutritive physiology point of view, the vitamin A/D3 ratio of 5:1 in the products also permits use in all species of animals. If another vitamin A/D3 ratio is necessary, the dosage of the product should be geared to the vitamin D3 content of the mixture and a vitamin A preparation (Lutavit® A 1000 NXT) should be used additionally.
Vitamin A powder for milk replacers and water-dispersible multivitamin mixtures
Lutavit® A 500 S NXT is suitable for all types of vitamin blends, premixes, mineral, and mixed feeds. Lutavit A 500 S NXT is very easily dispersible in cold water. The resulting milky emulsion is stable.
The mixing behaviour of the powder in premixes and feeds is excellent. Because of its high particle number and good dispersibility in water, the product is especially highly suitable for:
- Milk replacers for piglets, calves, and other animals.
- Water-dispersible multivitamin mixtures, which are administered directly by means of the drinking water.
Vitamin A oily formulations for liquid preparations for oral use
BTC’s vitamin A-Palmitate 1,6 Mio IU/G Feed is a highly concentrated vitamin A oil.
Vitamin A-Palmitate 1,6 Mio IU/G Feed is suitable for liquid vitamin A preparations for oral use. In aqueous formulations the use of solubilizers is necessary.
Vitamin A oily veterinary grades for parenteral and oral use
BTC’s vitamin A-Palmitate 1,7 Mio IU/G Oily Veterinary and vitamin A-Propionate 2,5 Mio IU/G Oily Veterinary are highly concentrated vitamin A oils.
- Vitamin A-Palmitate 1,7 Mio IU/G Oily Veterinary is available as stabilized product with BHT and as non-stabilized product.
- Vitamin A-Propionate 2,5 Mio IU/G Oily Veterinary is stabilized with BHT.
Vitamin A-Palmitate 1,7 Mio IU/G Oily Veterinary is suitable for the preparation of liquid vitamin A preparations for oral and parenteral use. In aqueous preparations the use of solubilizers is necessary.
The use of Vitamin A-Propionate 2,5 Mio IU/G Oily Veterinary is recommended particularly, if the tendency of the acetate and palmitate to crystallize during processing has an interfering effect. Vitamin A-Propionate 2,5 Mio IU/G Oily Veterinary is suitable for highly concentrated formulations in water with solubilizers. A sterilization of the final preparation is necessary for parenteral use.