BTC Europe supplies BASF’s broad range of resins and additives with unique performance attributes. We are working closely and in partnership with our customers and value chain contacts to make customized innovative developments. Our target is to be your supplier of choice for the printing and packaging industry.
Laromer®, Laroflex®, Laropal®, Joncryl®, Acronal®, Lutonal®
Laropal® and Laromer® types for pigment dispersion in energy-curable printing ink applications
- Laropal® A81 is an aldehyde resin based on isobutyraldehyde. It provides good pigment wetting properties with organic pigments, is low in shrinkage and has a positive effect on adhesion. As a non-reactive pigment dispersing resin which is soluble in a range of Laromer® acrylic functional reactive diluents such as Laromer® TMPTA, Laromer® TPGDA it is a excellent grinding resin.
- Laromer® LR 9013 is a modified polyether acrylate especially for energy-curable printing inks. It is used in a ratio of up to 1:1 with organic pigments. It provides good pigment wetting properties, is low in shrinkage and has a positive effect on adhesion. It is a pigment dispersing resin with excellent pigment wetting properties with a broad range of pigments in energy-curable systems.
- Laromer® LR 8985 is a propoxyl-modified polyether acrylate especially for energy-curable printing inks. It is particularly used in offset application as pigment dispersing resin, with hydrophobic character.
Water-based systems for ink applications
- Joncryl® styrene acrylic resins and emulsions are the key components of high performance inks and coatings. Water-based inks and coatings formulated with Joncryl® products are a good sustainable, consistent quality alternative to solvent-based products.
- The Joncryl® range contains acrylic and styrene-acrylic RC emulsions, acrylic colloidals, crosslinking agents, polyethylene waxes for water-based ink & overprint varnish.
- Joncryl® HSL is a product range of aqueous acrylic binders. They are well suited for formulation of high quality heat sealable lacquers. These acrylic copolymer emulsions provide a secure seal and show smooth peeling behaviour.
- Joncryl® ECO is a product range of glycol-ether-free and food-contact compliant dispersions. Joncryl® ECO types are meeting the stringent demands of food and packaging applications, such as for the tobacco and the confectionary markets.
- Joncryl® FLX products offer an excellent resistance/re-solubility balance. Therefore they are very suitable in water-based inks for flexible packaging applications. With the FLX product range the conversion to water-based inks for medium-duty film applications is a high-quality and cost effective reality.
- Joncryl® LMV 7000 is a product range of low-maintenance vehicles. It offers the printing industry a complete portfolio that will assist in reducing waste and downtime due to anilox plugging and ink build up on plates.
Solvent-based systems for ink applications
- Acronal® 4 F is a polymer of n-butylacrylate. Acronal® 700 L is a copolymer of n-butylacrylate and vinyl isobutyl ether in a 50 % solution in ethyl acetate. Both are soft acrylic resins which are compatible with nitrocellulose resins and chlorinated polymers such as PVC. They are soluble in acetates, glycols and glycol ethers. They have a plasticizing effect and confer flexibility and adhesion. They provide heat, light and chemical resistance properties.
- The Laroflex® range (MP15, MP25, MP35 and MP45) comprises copolymers of vinylchloride and vinyl isobutyl ether that have an increased viscosity through the series. The range exhibits good pigment wetting, adhesion to aluminium and high resistance to heat and hydrolysis.
- Lutonal® A 25 is a polyvinyl ether polymer based on ethyl vinylether.
- Lutonal® A 50 is a polyvinyl ether polymer based on ethyl vinylether. It is supplied as 50 % solution in ethanol.
- Lutonal® M 40 is a polyvinyl ether polymer based on methyl vinylether. It is supplied as 70 % solution in ethanol.
- The Lutonal® range are soft resins having various molar masses and which have a plasticizing effect and confer flexibility and adhesion.
- Joncryl® 611 acrylic resin is used as a modifying resin, for example, for flexo-applied NC formulations onto PE for heavy-duty outdoor applications.
- Acronal® 4 F and Acronal® 700 L can be used in PVC-based gravure printing inks to improve adhesion to aluminium substrates. Further applications are PVC/acrylic inks for gravure application onto retortable film-film and film-aluminum laminates. They can also be used in inks for gravure printing of vinyl wall paper.
- The Laroflex® range (MP15, MP25, MP35 and MP45) can be used in PVC/acrylic inks for gravure application onto retortable film-film and film-aluminum laminates.
- The Lutonal® range is used in PVB-based printing inks for gravure and flexo application onto flexible films for lamination. The Lutonal® types are also used in PVB inks for glassine paper (pergament).
- Joncryl® 611 medium-hard acrylic resin is compatible with NC resin, soluble in ketones, acetates and alcohol/acetate blends; It confers flexibility and has positive effect on adhesion. Joncryl® 611 has pigment wetting properties. It is listed according to the annex 6, official Swiss list for printing inks in contact with foodstuffs, dated November 25, 2009 on list a and/or b.
Latest Expertise Plus Information to this application: