Next to chemicals like surfactants and polymers BTC now also offers LavergyTM enzymes for the detergents and cleaners industry. BASF enzymes (protease and cellulase) are increasingly important to the performance of detergent formulations helping to degrade and remove blood, milk and egg stains from fabrics or to prevent greying on different textiles. Utilizing combinations of enzymes with classical chemical ingredients allow for the creation of cleaning products optimized to specific applications, markets requirements, and performance claims; such as superior performance at low temperature (30°C and below) in concentrated liquid detergents
Properties of our Lavergy™ enzymes
Our Lavergy™ Pro enzymes are clear, yellowish aqueous solutions of subtilisin (protease) with 50-53%, 1,2 propanediol. Enzymes are sensitive biopolymers, therefore proper handling and storage guidelines are important to keep enzymes stable. The Lavergy™ Pro enzymes have a shelf life of at least 24 months in their original sealed packaging at the recommended storage temperatures, +2°C till +25°C.
To ensure the enzyme performance within a detergent formulation, the enzyme compatibility and stability are key. Extended stability of enzymes in detergents is only possible by choosing the right ingredients and formulating around the enzyme. Denaturation respectively proteolytic degradation of enzymes is triggered by several formulation-specific parameters like chemical, physical interactions with the enzyme in the liquid detergent formulation. Overall the following parameters are important for better formulation stability:
- pH range between 6 - 8.5,
- avoid chemicals capable of oxidizing or covalently reacting with the active site (e.g. oxygen bleaches),
- maintain sufficient level of cofactor (e.g. metal cations like Ca ),
- reduction of water activity,
- specific stabilizers,
- incorporation of hydrogen-bonding solvents such as: sugars,
sugar alcohols (e.g. sorbitol), polyols (e.g. propylene glycol).
Our Lavergy® C Bright 100 L is an aqueos solution of cellulase with 45-55% glycerol and appears as a clear, amber liquid.
Lavergy® C Bright 100 L is an excellent detergent cellulase with superior anti-greying performance. It is characterized by very good stability when stored in liquid dertergent. It is suitable for all types of liquid laundry detergent compositions and is especially recommended for formulations in the pH range of 6 to 9.
Applications of our Lavergy™ enzymes
Our Lavergy™ enzymes are key performance ingredients in detergents. Protease, one of the most used enzyme in laundry formulations, supports the removal of protein based stains.
Lavergy™ Pro enzymes are particularly efficient in removing stains such as egg, blood, milk, blueberry and grass, especially in cold washing temperatures below 30°C. Lavergy™ Pro enzymes are liquid proteases, enhancing the cleaning performance in laundry formulations (detergents) such as:
- Light duty,
- heavy duty,
- special delicate care, colour care, improved whiteness, ecolabel range,
- normal, concentrated or liquid monodose (capsules, caps or pouches).
Lavergy® C Bright 100 L in tandem with other quality ingredients from the BASF Home Care und I&I portfolio harnesses the combined power of different technologies to give a sustainable, performance-differentiated solution. Lavergy C Bright 100 L interacts with other selected ingredients to keep fabrics from turning grey. Whether white or colored, cotton or synthetic fibers – clothes look like new even after multiple washes. Lavergy C Bright 100 L meets the criteria for various ecolabeling systems including EU Ecolabel and Blue Angel. Excellent cleaning performance, suitability for use with many types of fabric and good environmental compatibility are the hallmarks of BTC’s one-fits-all solution.
Further products for the detergents and cleaners industry (industrial and institutional - I&I - and home care)
Explore also our
- Nonionic surfactants > for detergents and cleaning agents,
- Anionic surfactants > for detergents and cleaning agents,
- Complexing agents > for prevention of calcification in detergents and cleaning agents,
- Optical brightners > for laundry detergents,
- Colourants > for the colouration of homecare, detergents and cleaners,
- Performance polymers > for the formulations of detergents and cleaning products,
- Performance polymers > for rheology modification and thickening,
- detergents and cleaners industry.
Latest Expertise Plus Information to this application:
- Lavergy® Pro 104 LS - premium performance on protein based stains
- Performance boosting enzyme for Commercial Laundry
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium-sized customers focused on specialty chemicals. Our solutions for the detergents and cleaners industry cover surfactants, enzymes, polymers and performance polymers, complexing agents, and colourants.