BTC offers you a wide range and different forms of vitamin A for various dietary supplement applications. With our technical expertise we can support you to find the right grade for your tablets, capsules, or even new innovative forms of dietary supplements.
Vitamin A plays an important role in the visual system of the eye and in reproductive processes. All higher forms of life require retinol for reproduction. Vitamin A provides protection for the entire ectoderm and benefits growth and functionality of the skin as well as the mucous membranes. Moreover Vitamin A has a positive effect on the immune system by increasing the formation of antibodies.
Consequences of a vitamin A deficiency
- increased light sensitivity
- dry eyes
- impaired adaptation to the dark
- night blindness (hemeralopia)
- reduced resistance to infection
- reproductive disorders
- in children, vitamin A deficiency stunts their growth
- available as vitamin A Acetate, vitamin A Palmitate and vitamin A Propionate (various grades)
powder and oily forms
best-in-class flowability and dispersibility
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
For the application in dietary supplements special grades are available, which have e.g. excellent tableting properties or can be used for multivitamin preparations or in soft gelatin capsules.
Besides dietary supplements vitamin A is also used for food fortification.
Further specialty chemicals for dietary supplements
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone)
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide)
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate)
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid)
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
- Antioxidants / Natural mixed tocopherols
- Mixed carotenoids from algae source
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA)
- Plant sterols
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry. Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.