BTC´s cationic surfactants are derived from natural compounds. They act mainly as surface modifiers in the detergent and cleaning industry and as degreasing agents due to their strong wetting performance.
Properties of cationic/amphoteric surfactants for detergents and cleaning agents
Our Dehyquart® grades (esterquats) are readily biodegradable cationic components which act as surface modifiers of hard surfaces.
In alkaline formulations our quarternized surfactants from the Demelan® range show excellent degreasing and emulsifying power.
Dehyton® grades are amine oxide and are amphoteric surfactants. They contain both anionic and cationic groups in the molecule. Solubility in various solvents is given, only in ethanol or isopropanol they form an opaque soluble homogeneous emulsion. They are not soluble in aromatic hydrocarbons and naphtha solvents. The solubility is valid for alkaline, acidic (hydrochloric acid) solutions.
Applications of cationic/amphoteric surfactants
Dehyquart® CSP is an esterquat component developed especially for car care applications. It acts as a surface modifier to dry the car surface with high gloss properties.
Demelan® grades can be used for home care and I&I applications such as kitchen cleaners, oven cleaners, automatic car wash, traffic film remover, engine cleaners and metal treatment (degreasing and metal oxide remover).
Dehyton® grades are amphoteric surfactants. They are often used as co-surfactants in cleaning formulations. For example in manual dishwashing applications they act as foam booster and foam stabilizer.
Further products for the detergents and cleaners industry (industrial and institutional – I&I - and home care)
Explore also our
- Nonionic surfactants > for detergents and cleaning agents
- Anionic surfactants > for detergents and cleaning agents
- Complexing agents > for prevention of calcification in detergents and cleaning agentsOptical brightners > for laundry detergents
- Colourants > for the colouration of homecare, detergents and cleaners
- Performance polymers > for the formulations of detergents and cleaning products
- Performance polymers > for rheology modification and thickening
- Enzymes > for laundry detergents and cleaning
- Organic acids > for detergents & cleaning
- Performance polymers > for surface modification in detergents and cleaners
- Detergents and cleaners industry.
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium-sized customers focused on specialty chemicals. Our solutions for the detergents and cleaners industry cover besides our cationic/amphoteric surfactants also organic acids for detergents & cleaning and for technical formulations also surfactants, water soluble polymers, complexing agents, biocides, colourants, besides others.