To have a complement portfolio of different vitamins, BTC offers you a wide range of the water-soluble B-vitamins. Vitamin B1 is for example often used in a B-vitamin-complex with other B-vitamins. Besides this, our technical experts can support you by developing your desired end-product.
Thiamine is the essential vitamin for carbohydrate metabolism and neural function.
Consequences of a vitamin B1 deficiency
Based on its two main biochemical functions, a lack of thiamine can manifest itself in cardiovascular and neurological disorders. The nervous system is particularly sensitive to thiamine deficiency, because of its dependence on oxidative metabolism.
- Thiamine Hydrochloride and Thiamine Mononitrate (food and pharma grades)
- available in powder form
- long shelf life for at least 42 months
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
In terms of dietary supplements vitamin B1 can be added to solid dosage forms (mono- & multivitamin formulations) as well as to liquid preparations.
Further specialty chemicals for dietary supplements
- Vitamin A (Retinol)
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone)
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide)
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate)
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid)
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
- Antioxidants / Natural mixed tocopherols
- Mixed carotenoids from algae source
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA)
- Plant sterols
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry.
Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.