Rheology modifiers enable formulators to adjust the flow behaviour of their products. That way they benefit from improved viscosity behaviour and application characteristics.
Properties and Applications
BTC’s Rheovis® types are used as rheology modifiers to adjust the flow behaviour in furniture and flooring coatings applications.
The Rheovis® formulation additives from BASF offer five classes of rheological additives for paints and coatings
- Alkali swellable emulsions (ASE)
- Hydrophobically modified alkali swellable emulsions (HASE)
- Hydrophobically modified polyurethanes (HEUR)
- Hydrophobically modified polyethers (HMPE)
- Castor oil based thixotropes.