Lycopene is also a carotenoid. Naturally it is especially found in red tomatoes. Our Lycopene molecules are identical to natural Lycopene and is a perfect alternative. In the food industry it is mostly used for food colouring (E 160d).
- available in powder form as well as oily dispersion
- good stability against heat, light, and oxygen exposure
- bright and vivid red hue
- allergen-free, vegetarian, vegan, cold-water dispersible and direct compressible grades available
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
Lycopene products are foreseen to give a special colouring (E 160d) to food products in dark red shades. The dispersion is suitable for products based on oil or fat.
The cold-water-dispersible grade is recommended for applications in the beverage industry including juices, nectars and syrups, sports beverages, energy drinks, and soft drinks, as well as emulsions or water based applications like confectionary (including baked goods, biscuits and cookies and cake) or dairy products.
Further specialty chemicals for food fortification
- Vitamin A (Retinol)
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone)
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide)
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate)
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid)
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
- Antioxidants / Natural mixed tocopherols
- Mixed carotenoids from algae source
- Plant sterols
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry.
Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.