BTC offers you a wide range and different forms of vitamin A for various dietary supplement applications. With our technical expertise we can support you to find the right grade for your tablets, capsules, or even new innovative forms of dietary supplements.
Physiological importance of vitamin A
Vitamin A (retinol) is an essential micronutrient, which is naturally found in foods from animal origin such as liver, meat, fish, eggs and dairy products or as its carotenoid precursors in plant foods. In humans, vitamin A is required for light perception and normal vision. It is a component of the rhodopsin receptor in the eyes, which is responsible for sensing light in situations of poor illumination. Moreover, vitamin A has a role in reproduction and contributes to healthy growth and development. It is crucial for healthy red blood cell formation and normal function of the immune system.
Properties of vitamin A (Retinol)
- available as vitamin A-Acetate, vitamin A-Palmitate and vitamin A-Propionate (various grades)
- powder and oily forms
- best-in-class flowability and dispersibility
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
Applications of vitamin A (Retinol)
For the application in dietary supplements special grades are available, which have e.g. excellent tableting properties or can be used for multivitamin preparations or in soft gelatin capsules.
Besides dietary supplements vitamin A is also used for food fortification.
Further specialty chemicals for dietary supplements
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) > for dietary supplements
- Beta-Carotene > for dietary supplements
- Mixed carotenoids from algae source > for dietary supplements
- Lycopene > for dietary supplements
- Lutein > for dietary supplements
- Omega-3 fatty acids > for dietary supplements
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) > for dietary supplements
- Plant sterols > > for dietary supplements
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry.
Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.