Polar solvents for pharma applications are oxygenated solvents consisting of the product families Pentyl Acetate, n-Propanol and Aldehydes.
Brands for pharmaceutical active ingredients
METHYLBUTANOL (ISO-AMYL ALCOHOL)
PENTANOL (n-AMYL ALCOHOL)
Properties of polar solvents for pharmaceutical active ingredients
Properties of Pentyl Acetate
- Medium volatile liquid with high solvent power for numerous applications.
- Miscible with most common organic solvents but practically insoluble in water.
Properties of n-Propanol
- Mild smelling, semi volatile, polar and clear alcohol.
- Low-viscosity and water missible.
- Solvent of high purity and a starting material for synthesis.
Properties of Propion Aldehyde
- Colourless liquid with limited miscibility above 15 ° C.
- Soluble in ethanol and diethyl ether.
Properties of Butyraldehyde and Iso-Butyraldehyde
- Colourless liquids miscible with almost all common organic solvents;
- Very slightly soluble in water.
Properties of Pentanol, also known as n-Amyl Alcohol
- Colourless liquid.
- Missible with the common organic solvents.
Properties of 3-Methyl-1-Butanol, also known as Iso-Amyl Alcohol
- Colourless liquid.
- Miscible with almost all common organic solvents.
Applications of polar solvents
Applications of Pentyl Acetate for pharmaceutical active ingredients
- Used as extractant for removing substances from aqueous systems because of its low solubility in water.
Applications of n-Propanol for pharmaceutical active ingredients
- Serves as a starting material for the manufacture of medicines.
- Besides others it is reacted with acetic acid to produce propyl acetate.
Applications of n-Propanol S for pharmaceutical active ingredients
- Used for applications where a very high purity is required.
Applications of Propion Aldehyde, Butyraldehyde and Iso-Butyraldehyde for pharmaceutical active ingredients
- Intermediates for the chemical industry.
- Used as building block for pharmaceutical applications.
Applications of Pentanol and 3-Methyl-1-Butanol alcohols
- Used as intermediates for the manufacture of pharmaceutical active ingredients.
Latest Expertise Plus Information on oxygenated solvents / polar solvents for pharmaceutical active ingredients: Oxygenated solvents now also available from BTC