Good nutrition as part of a healthy lifestyle has a significant contribution in giving more life to years, particularly in managing decline and minimizing loss of function. As such, consumers are making day-to-day changes to their diets and lifestyle with long-term goals in mind. Omega-3 is a highly sought-after ingredient due to its extensive health benefits. The long chain omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) are especially abundant in fatty fish such as anchovies, sardines, tuna and other marine products. Humans do not synthesize significant amounts of EPA or DHA. Research supports that omega-3s are of high importance for the human body throughout life. They are essential for multiple body functions throughout life stages including conception, pregnancy, childhood, adulthood and old age.
- available in various grades as oils and powders
- superior shelf life
- excellent handling characteristics
- no offensive off-odors or off-tastes during preparation
- different EPA, DHA concentrations and also high-concentrated oils available
- NEW! vegan/vegetarian alternative sourced from algae available
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
The Omega-3 Oils provided by BTC are derived from fish oil or from algae, which is a vegan alternative.
All oils are perfectly suitable for all applications in the dietary supplement industry, especially liquid preparations.
With the high concentrated fish oils BTC offers products in a pharmaceutical quality for the dietary supplement market. The products are available in triglyceride form for dietary supplement applications.
Further specialty chemicals for dietary supplements
- Vitamin A (Retinol)
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone)
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide)
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate)
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid)
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
- Mixed carotenoids from algae source
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA)
- Plant sterols
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry.
Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.