Navigate through our chemicals and applications world and find the solution which fits best to your needs
1 Do you want to search by product lines or industries? Product lines or industries?
2 Under which category can the solution be classified? Under which industry can the solution be classified? Category? Industry?
3 What group is it and where are you going to use it? Where are you going to use it and what group is it? Group and application? Application and group?
Chemical group Application
Application Chemical group
Polar solvents > for construction materials
Polar solvents for construction applications are oxygenated solvents consisting of the product families Butoxies (Solvenon® PnBs), Butyl Glycols, and Acetates.
Brands for construction materials
Properties of polar solvents for construction materials
Properties of Glycols
- Colourless, neutral, slightly hygroscopic, mobile liquid with a mild odour.
- Glycols are miscible with water and common organic solvents in all proportions at room temperature.
- The miscibility of n-Hexyl Glycol with water is however limited.
Properties of Solvenon®
Solvenon® types are also known as Butoxies or as PnB, DPnB or TPnB
- Dependent on the product Solvenon® types have different volatilities and low odour.
- Other properties depend on the individual product, making them suitable for different purposes.
Properties of Acetates
- Low to medium volatity.
- With solvent power for numerous natural and synthetic resins and dyes.
Applications of polar solvents for construction materials
Applications of Glycols for construction materials
- Used as flow promotors in construction.
- Glycols reduce the tendency to blistering.
- Glycols improve the levelling and the gloss.
- Butyl Glycols can be used to coalesce our Acronal® dispersions in order to reach best properties of film forming and glass transition temperatures.
Applications of Solvenon® for construction materials
- Used for dispersion paints as coalescent aid.
Applications of Acetates for construction materials
Latest Expertise Plus Information on oxygenated solvents / polar solvents for construction materials: Oxygenated solvents now also available from BTC