Vitamin B2 is also part of the water-soluble vitamins, which are offered by BTC Europe. Our technical experts can support you by developing your desired end-product.
Riboflavin acts as a co-enzyme in a large number of oxidizing and reducing enzymes and thus plays a role in the transfer of hydrogen atoms during the energy generating oxidation processes within the cell, known as the respiratory chain. Therefore, riboflavin – along with other B-complex vitamins – acts as a coenzyme in the protein, fat and carbohydrate metabolisms, as well as in the generation of energy via ATP.
Furthermore, riboflavin is involved in the metabolism of other B-vitamins (folic acid, pyridoxine and niacin) and in the production of hormones in the adrenal cortex.
- changes inside the mouth (inflammation of the mucous membranes, changes on the lips, tongue and in the gastrointestinal tract)
- changes of the skin (seborrhoic dermatitis, dystrophia of the finger nails)
- changes in the eyes (keratitis, opacification of the lens, vascularization of the cornea, cataract)
Properties of vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
- available in powder form
- excellent flowability and superior dissolution properties
- easy to handle, produces less dust and lower static charge
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
Applications of vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
Riboflavin High Flow 100 is the grade which may be applied related to dietary supplements. It can be used in all solid and liquid dosage forms such as tablets, hard-shell capsules, effervescent and other instant formulae. It is ideal for use in multivitamin formulations.
Further products for dietary supplements
Explore also our
- Vitamin A (Retinol) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) > for dietary supplements
- Antioxidants / Natural mixed tocopherols > for food and dietary supplements
- Beta-Carotene > for dietary supplements
- Mixed carotenoids from algae source > for dietary supplements
- Lycopene > for dietary supplements
- Lutein > for dietary supplements
- Omega-3 fatty acids > for dietary supplements
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) > for dietary supplements
- Plant sterols > for dietary supplements
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry.
Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.