BTC offers you high class quality of vitamin K1 produced by BASF in Denmark. Due to its properties, our nature identical vitamin K1 is suitable for a vegan diet. Normally, important sources for vitamin K1 (phylloquinone) are green plants and algae, where it is involved in photosynthesis. With our technical expertise we can support you to find the right grade for your dietary supplement.
Vitamin K is vital for the development of bones and teeth. Furthermore, it plays a crucial role in blood clotting as it activates blood clotting factors. Vitamin K is essential for the synthesis of osteocalcin, which helps to incorporate calcium phosphate into the bones.
Vitamin K hypovitaminosis is characterized by hemorrhage and is caused by chronic diseases of the liver and severely impaired fat absorption.
Properties of vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone)
- available in 1% and 5% concentration
- powder form
- world class stability, flowability and dispersibility properties
- fits with a vegan diet
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
Applications of vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone)
Related to dietary supplements vitamin K1 is foreseen for use in solid products as the sole active ingredient, as well as in multivitamin and mineral preparations (tablets, instant-drink granules, effervescent tablets, sugar-coated tablets, hard gelatine capsules).
Further products for dietary supplements
Explore also our
- Vitamin A (Retinol) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide) > for dietary supplement
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) > for dietary supplements
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) > for dietary supplements
- Antioxidants / Natural mixed tocopherols > for food and dietary supplements
- Beta-Carotene > for dietary supplements
- Mixed carotenoids from algae source > for dietary supplements
- Lycopene > for dietary supplements
- Lutein > for dietary supplements
- Omega-3 fatty acids > for dietary supplements
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) > for dietary supplements
- Plant sterols > for dietary supplements
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry.
Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.