BTC offers you high quality of nature identical and natural grades of vitamin E, which are produced with over 45 years of experience by BASF. Especially our esterified forms provide you more protection from light, heat, and oxygen during processing phases and in the final product. With our technical expertise we can support you to find the right grade for your food application.
Vitamin E is part of the fat-soluble vitamins with different functions in the body. It is important for normal immune system functions, gene expression and is positively influencing human health and disease prevention in general. In addition, vitamin E has antioxidant effects, which help to protect against cell damage and help to maintain cellular functions. For example, they have the ability to counteract many types of oxidative stress resulting from exercise, exposure to the environment (ultraviolet light, cigarette smoke, pollutants, and chemicals), as well as metabolic processes like ageing.
Overt clinical deficiency is very rare. The primary clinical deficiency symptom is peripheral neuropathy caused by the degeneration of sensory nerves.
Properties of vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- available as tocopherols and acetates
- powder and oily forms
- nature identical or natural grades (various grades)
- excellent quality and outstanding flowability
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
Applications of vitamin E(Tocopherol)
In the food industry vitamin E is used both as an antioxidant (E 307) in oxidation-sensitive fats, oils and fatty products and for the fortification of food products, such as children`s food, dietetic products, milk powder, breakfast cereals, etc. Some grades are designed for the application in beverages, e.g. for the enrichment of soft drinks
Besides the food industry vitamin E is also used for dietary supplements.
Further products for food fortification
Explore also our
- Vitamin A (Retinol) > for food fortification
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) > for food fortification
- Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) > for food fortification
- Antioxidants / Natural mixed tocopherols > for food and dietary supplements
- Apocarotenal > for food fortification
- Beta-Carotene > for food fortification
- Mixed carotenoids from algae source > for food fortification
- Lutein > for food fortification
- Lycopene > for food fortification
- Omega-3 fatty acids > for food fortification
- Plant sterols > for food fortification
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry. Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.