Lycopene complements the antioxidant network, which helps prevent oxidative stress. In vitro studies have shown that lycopene has the highest singlet oxygen quenching activity of all commonly consumed carotenoids. BTC offers a LycoVit®, which has the same biological effectiveness and bioavailability as lycopene from tomatoes.
- available in powder form as well as oily dispersion
- good stability against heat, light, and oxygen exposure
- bright and vivid red hue
- allergen-free, vegetarian, vegan, cold-water dispersible and direct compressible grades available
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
For applications in the dietary supplement industry BTC offers a direct compressible grade which is suitable for multi-vitamin tablets and hard gelatine capsules. For the use in soft gelatine capsules the dispersion is recommended.
Further specialty chemicals for dietary supplements
- Vitamin A (Retinol)
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone)
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide)
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate)
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid)
- Vitaim B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
- Antioxidants / Natural mixed tocopherols
- Mixed carotenoids from algae source
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA)
- Plant sterols
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry.
Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.