Carotenoids are not essential but they have a lot of important functions in the human body. Some of the carotenoids have a provitamin A, such as the carotenoid Apocarotenal. Carotenoids are an important source for vitamin A in the human nutrition.
- available as oily dispersion and as powder grade
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
Apocarotenal as oily dispersion is mainly used for colouring (E 160e) of fats, oils, margarine, and other fat-containing foods.
The powder form (Apocarotenal 2 CWD) has been developed for the application in beverages, e.g. as “natural” substitute of the azo dye sunset yellow.
Further specialty chemicals for food fortification
- Vitamin A (Retinol)
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone)
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide)
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate)
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid)
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
- Antioxidants / Natural mixed tocopherols
- Mixed carotenoids from algae source
- Plant sterols
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry.
Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.