Lutein is a carotenoid with no function as provitamin A. Nevertheless, it has strong effects on the human body as it is a powerful antioxidant, which helps to prevent oxidative stress. Besides this, it protects the eye from damage, because Lutein is able to absorb UV radiation in the retina. BTCs most natural lutein esters are available under the tradename Xangold®, which are extracted and purified from marigold flowers.
Properties of Lutein
- available in powder form and as oily suspension (various grades)
- natural sourced
- clinically proven Xangold® lutein esters
- cold-water dispersible powder
- excellent flowability and low dusting
- vegetarian, allergen-free formulation grades
- complies with highest quality standards and regulatory requirements
Applications of Lutein
In food applications the lutein product range is mainly used for colouring (E 161b) of the final product to yellow. During food production, our Lutein remains stable and produces versatile, vibrant colours that consumers find attractive. Food products, which use Xangold® are for example beverages and infant nutrition.
Further products for food fortification
Explore also our
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) > for food fortification
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol) > for food fortification
- Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium D-Pantothenate) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) > for food fortification
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) > for food fortification
- Antioxidants / Natural mixed tocopherols > for food and dietary supplements
- Apocarotenal > for food fortification
- Beta-Carotene > for food fortification
- Mixed carotenoids from algae source > for food fortification
- Lycopene > for food fortification
- Omega-3 fatty acids > for food fortification
- Plant sterols > for food fortification
BTC Europe is BASF's European sales organization for small and medium sized customers. Our product range covers selected speciality chemicals and performance polymers to a variety of industries as well as raw materials and additives for the pharma, food, animal nutrition and personal care industry.
Our solutions for the human nutrition industry cover health ingredients like vitamins, plant sterols, carotenoids, Omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid, besides others. As food additives we offer antioxidants, emulsifiers, whipping emulsifiers, baking enzymes, functional fat powders, and lipids.